A SEPARATION / SEVERANCE AGREEMENT IS A CONTRACT
MOST SEPARATION / SEVERANCE AGREEMENTS ARE DRAFTED BY ATTORNEYS TO PROTECT THE EMPLOYER
If you are asked to sign a separation / severance agreement, you should have it reviewed by an attorney or professional to insure that your rights are protected.
Does the Separation / Severance Agreement Ask You to Give up Certain Rights?
- Are you being asked to give the right to bring a lawsuit?
- Will the agreement affect your right to collect unemployment?
- How will the agreement affect your medical coverage?
- Are you being asked to give up a potential legally protected claim?
- Does the agreement specify what court must be used to enforce the agreement?
- Are you being asked not engage in certain employment opportunities or occupations?
Not sure of Your Rights?
If you are unsure whether the agreement is in your best interest, you should seek a no fee consultation with the Law Office of Feener & Wehrli LLC to discuss your concerns.
Please fill out our Potential Client Intake Form concerning your separation / severance case. Once we receive and evaluate your completed form, we will make every effort to promptly respond as your concerns and rights are important to us.